Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Drive to Spring City

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest form of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source
of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much
in life that makes life worth living."
~David Attenborough


Each year in May, on Memorial Day weekend, Spring City holds a Heritage Day celebration. My guess is that the town's population at least triples for the day. Mom and I have gone several times in years past. I think I've only blogged about it once, but I've been to Spring City more times than I can count on both hands.



This year it was just Mom and me. I needed that. I took the train down to her neck of the woods and then we drove on from there. The drive was stunningly beautiful since it had rained in the days before and the clouds were out in all their majesty.


My favorite things to see in Spring City are the old school house which is still undergoing major renovation, the fields and backyards full of poppies, the old spring, and my great-grandparents' old house. We didn't go up to the cemetery this time, but I feel that I should go back so we can clean up the graves of our family members buried there. One year, I even recall have a picnic right there in the cemetery with them.


And the drive. Beautiful, beautiful drive. With plenty of time to have my mom all to myself.








Until next time.
.
.
.
.

No comments: