Friday, September 12, 2014

2014 Emmy Red Carpet Favorites.

"The most important thing to remember is
that you can wear all the greatest clothes and all the greatest shoes,
but you’ve got to have a good spirit on the inside.
That’s what’s really going to make you look
like you’re ready to rock the world."
~Alicia Keys

I'm a little late in posting these favorite looks from the Emmys this year, but I've been busy at work, busy finishing up my IWHHR course, and I threw my back out which has just put a damper on my mobility and my mood.

SO here we go, in no particular order. I do not know any of the designers on these and I'm not going to take the time to research them. And all the pictures were borrowed from Yahoo!

I have mixed feelings about this first one. The color, I like, but then I don't like it, but then I like it. You get the idea. I feel it was a little tight on Vanessa, just because of the stretchy lines of the fabric across the top part of the skirt. But overall, I still think it was nice, with the trendy peplum even.

Vanessa Williams
Photo found here

Then there is Amanda Peet. The hair was dreadful, but I like the sort of romantic flowy-ness of the dress. I think I would have preferred different colors for this event, but I like the lines of the dress. And she's pregnant under there, so it attractively accommodated the growing baby.

Amanda Peet
Photo found here

Now, Heidi Klum. Beautiful lines on this dress. I love the sleeves and the train, very elegant. The color works well for her. I really like this one.

Heidi Klum
Photo found here

Camila Alves (Matthew McConaughey's wife) always seems to look good. I like this geometric lacy number. The neck is nice on her and the 3/4 length sleeves work well.

Camila Alves
Photo found here

Michelle Dockery is lovely. Her dark hair and fair skin always make her a striking face to look at. Her dress choice at first was not my favorite, but I do really love the colors. She pulls it off well. The high neck works really well for her and I love the drape of the fabrics (and colors) at her sides.

Michelle Dockery
Photo found here

Again with the high neck and belted look, Julia Louis-Dreyfus looks great. The red suits her color perfect and the belt in a slightly darker red is a nice touch.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Photo found here

Now, I read that some people felt that Katherine Heigl's dress choice was far too matronly, which I suppose I can see, but I think I like it. The only thing I might change would be the sheen of the fabric. I think I might like it better if it were a matte fabric with no shine to it. But overall, I like the style and think she pulled it off well.

Katherine Heigl
Photo found here

Well, that's all I've got. What were your favorites?

.
.
.
.



No comments: