Friday, July 04, 2014

Hike (okay, Nature Walk) to Silver Lake in Big Cottonwood Canyon.

"Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which
once existed between man and the universe."
~Anatole France

Silver Lake, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
photo by me

The fourth of July seemed an appropriate day to get outside and appreciate our country's rocks and rills and purple mountain majesties. KDJ and I took a drive up into Big Cottonwood Canyon and strolled around Silver Lake. It's an easy 30 minute walk around the lake, but it's just beautiful.

Silver Lake, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
photo by me

Often, since it's so easy and accessible for all ages, there are many people, especially families with little kids. This holiday was pretty crowded, more than I like, but the scenery still provided the serenity I was looking for.

KDJ and I at Silver Lake, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
photo by me

As we walked around the lake, KDJ and I decided to name all the reasons it's great to get out and hike:
  • Vitamin D
  • Endorphins
  • Clouds
  • People
  • Trees
  • Beautiful scenery
Silver Lake, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
photo by me

After we left the Silver Lake area, we took the turn off to Guardsman's Pass. It takes you up over the mountains into Summit County and you end up coming out in Park City. The view, as you can see, is rather spectacular.

Guardsman Pass, Utah
photo by me

Guardsman Pass, Utah
photo by me

Guardsman Pass, Utah
photo by me

I'd like to take the drive on Guardsman Pass again in September to see the autumn leaves. My goal is to make it to Cecret Lake and Ensign Peak again this season, along with Temple Quarry Trail, Donut Falls, and...
.
.
.
.

No comments: