Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Park City Summer Adventure with Mom.

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever."
~Author Unknown


Long overdue, but nonetheless fun for me to see again, here are some pictures from my graduation trip with my mom to Park City. Taking a trip and spending time alone with your mom is always fun. (At least I think so.) We stayed at this great hotel and just played for a few days.


We ate at some great restaurants. (I can't remember which ones.) Of course, we went swimming at our hotel. (No pictures.)


We walked and shopped up and down Main Street, buying a few books, a couple silver charms for our charm bracelets, and an ice cream cone.


The Deer Valley Music Festival has become a favorite summer activity for us. We went one evening to hear the Utah Symphony in the summer home at Deer Valley, with spectacular views of the mountains and sunset. Among other pieces, we were especially looking forward to Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" with actual cannons!

They were trying to protect the piano from the blazing sun, so it wouldn't go out of tune again before the concert started.

The following day, we rode the Park City ski lift up just to see the views. Seriously, that is one of my favorite things. I've taken a few ski lifts in the summer and I love it. I love the views. I love the peaceful feeling of just being up there and alone in a serene setting.



We made it to the top and walked around for a bit before we got back on and rode down the mountain.



At the top we found the weight that holds the ski lift in place. I guess I don't really know how it works, but it was fun to see.


On the way back down, we saw the old towers from the old lift...


we crossed paths with another lift and saw live pine cones...


Being on a lift like that is one of my favorite things in the world during the summer months. With a slight breeze, it's just peaceful and quiet, and perfectly relaxing ride.


Spending a weekend with Mom is just what I need every once in awhile.

.
.
.
.

1 comment:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

All those pictures make me wish for summer. I love hiking and enjoying all things outside. And so fun to spend all that time with your mom. I love your mom!