Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Dream About A Boy.

"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?"
~Alfred Lord Tennyson

A San Francisco Sunset. January 2012


I dreamed about a boy last night.
That doesn't happen often.
Certainly not often enough.
As you know from my last post, the main characters of my recent dreams have been large animals,
and the dreams are usually funny... although,
maybe someday soon I'll tell you about some of the intensely dramatic ones I've experienced lately.
But nevertheless, this dream joined the ranks of all my dreams of late, in its vivid detail.
And in the fact that I remembered it in the morning.

So this boy (cute cute boy)... in real life, I barely know him.
But we've had slightly more interaction in the last two weeks than we've ever had since we first met nearly four years ago.

In my dreamworld, this boy liked me.
First off, this makes any dream better.
I mean, come on now. The man in your dreams is in love with you?
Score one for the dream card!
He was cute. He was skinny. And he was in love with me.

Anyway,
the odd part about the dream was that he had a half prosthetic right upper thigh.
{insert laughter here}
Yeah, I know, I know. Weird.
I'm strange. Even in my dreams apparently.
But seriously, this prosthetic piece of thigh was amazingly functional.
So. cool. So detailed, so perfect.
He detached it so so I could see how it worked.
And his leg was still intact, just had a gaping hole the size of small watermelon, which the prosthetic filled in.
Okay, so maybe not a watermelon... but a SMALL oblong watermelon.
(This boy is skinny, so I'm sure his thighs aren't all that thick.)
I was so intrigued by how it worked so fluidly with his leg and didn't cause any sort of limp or anything.
An amazing medical device.

Random dream, I know.
But I can't help these random vivid dreams from coming.
And I don't want to.
It's fun.
And I know you all expected this "dream about a boy" to be a little more romantic in nature or maybe even foretelling.
And instead you got a medical oddity.
I know.
Work with me people.
And don't worry, it had its fair share of romance. :)
Let's just say my heart melted a little.
But, I'm going to go ahead and keep that to myself.

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day!
.
.
.
.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love crazy dreams. When I was doing fertility treatments and on crazy hormones I had the most INSANE, vivid dreams. Let's just say I was quite happy when they were over.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

LOve it! Jared had a dream the other night that we had sextuplets. Did I tell you this in another post? I think I might have. CRAZY dream. Love cute boy dreams...they are the best!

linda said...

Like you, my dreams are often vivid, and usually nonsensical. I wonder why my dreams are full of people that I barely know or have not seen in years. Where does this stuff come from? I have been told that when we are under a lot of stress that we tend to have more violent dreams; that seems to be the case with me. Luckily, the memory of those dreams quickly fades.