Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Talk.

‎"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get."
~Michael Phelps



I want to take a trip on the Trans-Siberian railroad in Russia. Starting in Moscow and ending in Vladivostok (or the other way around.) The culture, the people, the landscape--all of it is so intriguing to me. NPR recently did a project on the trip. Read about it here and here.

Tonight, I cooked myself some delicious salmon for dinner. Delish, I tell you. I love salmon and this was especially tasty.

So, my guilty pleasure is "The Bachelor" on Monday nights. Thanks to D&S, I have partners in crime. This season is interesting. The jury is still out as to whether that means "good interesting" or "bad interesting." Ben needs to cut his hair and there are a couple of girls who just need to be kicked off the show (that means not given a rose). I don't like the drama. I just like the romance.

But guess what... they've announced the next Bachelorette, whose show will premiere in the spring sometime. Ugh, they've already hooked me. It's EMILY. Yes, *that* Emily. Brad Womack's Emily. Tell me how I can not watch this?? I know, I watch next to NO television and I'm on opposite ends of the spectrum with the only two shows I watch: "Downton Abbey" and "The Bachelor" (or "The Bachelorette").

I never said I wasn't strange.

Recently, I've tried to open my house door with my car chicka-chicka--that's the clicker thing... the... what's it called? Oh yeah, keyless entry...thingy. Anyway, I've done it SEVERAL times. I'm a smart one.

Yesterday, I got a Tetanus shot. Just a routine-every-10-years-update immunization. But my left arm hurts. Ouch. And frankly, so does my right. I got the flu shot in that one. Ugh. I forgot how shots can hurt. I know. You're thinking, "Why did she get the flu shot when she was so deathly ill FOR TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT with intense flu-like symptoms (plus the chest pain. don't forget the massive chest pain--we're calling it "the heart-attack-flu")? Isn't it a little late for a flu shot?" Well the answer is, I didn't really have THE flu, so I might as well protect myself from getting sick again.

Oh, and earlier today, I got some closure regarding the Shoebox guy (man without a nickname). I was already moving on, but somewhat defined closure is always nice. And interestingly, I felt relief. Hmph.

Life is good. Optimistic is the best way to be. And Heaven knows I'm incredibly grateful a for a few choice friends who truly take care of me.

Oh and I read this on Sunday night. Take a look. It's a good reminder.

Goodnight!
.
.
.
.

2 comments:

Lindsay RC Wilson said...

I was just thinking about you 2 hours ago...I was listening to Jack Johnson "In Between Dreams" (I think that's the name of the album.

Becky said...

ME TOO! I totally listened to that piece on NPR as well and I TOTALLY want to take the trip! The piece was so interesting I didn't want to get out of the car.