Monday, December 05, 2011

A Gift to the World.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given..." 
~Isaiah 9:6, Old Testament


Last night, DandS came over along with our church buddy Jeremy for dinner and to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I just love my friends. There are just some friends with whom I click and that clicking just continues to happen every time I'm with them. DandS are those kind of friends for me. Love love love them. So fun.

I made this yummy soup recipe for dinner, along with a green salad with pears, dried cranberries, and pecans. DandS brought a truly delicious baguette. And for dessert, we had vanilla Häagen-Dazs ice cream with berries. Sarah said it all seemed so springy with the salad and the berries. I guess I like my food like spring and less like heavy winter. Although, I do like me some winter-y soups and squashes and warm cozy goodness. And I wouldn't mind being snowed in. I mean, good and snowed in. Like in this sweet abode.

Anyway, the First Presidency Devotional was very Christmas-y. They showed the video above. Apparently, the LDS Church has been hard at work producing several short bible story films which they are going to post online for free. LDS films nowadays are not quite like the silly, cheesy (but fun) stuff we all remember from our youth like Johnny Lingo or the Who Broke My Window commercial. In fact, there are some very talented, legitimate artists who work in the film department, producing things like the film Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration or Finding Faith in Christ. So it looks like the new videos will be posted over the next year at this link on youtube.

I believe all the videos are all going to be New Testament stories. Why? Because the New Testament is all about Christ and the LDS Church is the church of the New Testament restored to the earth after the Dark Ages and Great Apostasy. We are Christians, as were those who followed Christ and joined his Church when he was on the earth. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the videos. Hope you enjoy the one above as much as I did.

Merry Christmas!
.
.
.
.

No comments: