Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm thankful for...

"The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for,
and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy,
and light drives darkness out of his life.
Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place.
How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul,
and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life,
a thankful attitude toward God and man!"
~Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine, 5th ed. [1939], 263

the opportunity to sleep in.
holidays.
hugs, snuggling, and cuddling.


the smell and sweet taste of coconut. Delightful.
the knowledge that every detail of my life matters to God.
my mom and the fact that she loves me and knows how to express it in a way that I recognize.
fresh fruit and vegetables.


the warm spot on the carpet as the sun shines through an open window.
words of affirmation spoken to me in truth.
good hair and makeup days.
leaves rustling in the wind.


long talks with my brother. I love him more than I can express.
my Dad and when he calls me "love."
my stepmom who loves me and forgave my spilled milk so many years ago.
my job and the satisfaction it brings. (Oh, and the paycheck.)
prayer.
the sound of the ocean.
the Fall colors in Utah.


my sweet and loving little sister who addresses me as "sister woman." Love that.
laughing with my best friends.
kissing. (Who's not thankful for that?!)
backrubs during warmups at SLCA rehearsal.
painted toenails. I believe in them. All. The. Time.


good conversation.
modern means of communication.
warm showers.
quiet door-closing.
the internet.
times when a perfectly-suited-to-my-thoughts song comes on the radio.
the way running can transform my mood and my life.
trees.


the Wasatch Mountains in all their beauty.
clouds. Oh, clouds. I don't think I could live without you.
music.
my car.
Pinterest.
Facebook.
sunsets.


my friends.
my family.
the gospel.
my Father in Heaven.
my Savior.
my life.
you.

happy thanksgiving!
.
.
.
.

2 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

That is beautiful. You have perfect feet. I wish that my nails always looked so good...and that my feet always looked as perfect as yours always seem to. I miss you. Come visit me.

Murlene Brown Watkins said...

I LOVE your photo with the lace blouse over the blue top underneath. You look Gorgeous! I find we have very similar taste as demonstrated in our Pinterests! Fun to see you there.