Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fortune Cookies.

Photo found here.

When I was 11, I told my mom that I was pretty certain that I could subsist off of Chinese food for the rest of my life. You know the game, "If you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?" Well at eleven, for me it was Chinese.

While today, I may have a different answer, Chinese still ranks rather high. High enough, that I have many, many, many fortunes that I've saved over the years. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to write some of them down (blog them), so I didn't have to keep the piece of paper anymore. Does that lack sentimentality? Maybe, but practicality often wins the prize in my mind.

So on that note, here you go. Some of my favorites. :)

*Star light, star bright, your wish will come true tonight.*
*Step by step you will ascend the staircase to success.*
*Love is a present that can be given every single day you live.*
*Cooperate with those who have both know-how and integrity.*
*Elegant surroundings will soon be yours.*
*The best teacher is also a student.*
*There is a prospect of a thrilling time ahead for you.*
*Among the lucky, you are the chosen one*
*Soon you will be sitting on top of the world*
*A fascinating project is in your future.*
*A surprise gift from another will leave a lasting impression.*
*A financial investment will yield returns beyond your hopes.*
*You will always be successful in your professional career.*
*Your hard work will soon pay off.*
*Keep up the good work. You will be rewarded.*

I like to believe they all are or will be true in my life.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I LOVE that you have kept your fortunes! It made me smile. Also, Chinese food is the best...but only in San Francisco because every where else just doesn't do it justice. In response to your response, I would LOVE to do a girls trip. You give me the dates and I will be there. Seriously. That would be incredibly fun! Oh, and Mina LOVES American girls...maybe we should trip it to Egypt?!?!?