Saturday, April 23, 2011

Random Thoughts.

"I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself.
For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition."
~Martha Washington


In case you've missed me, I'll just throw in this picture, yet another from a self-portrait (thanks to the mirror) session.

So let's see...

The past several weeks have been very busy. April is my favorite month and I can't believe I haven't blogged at all. I can't say I'll make up for a month's worth of not posting, but I'll try to put a little something up.

So, can I just toot my own horn for a moment? For the past two months, I've been VERY diligent in my workout routine and I'm pretty excited about that. Consistency is the hardest part right? I made a goal to workout a minimum of 3x/wk and I've been successful. Now that might not seem like much to you who have more discretionary time than I do, but three or four times a week for 45 minutes is a true success in my life. I definitely feel better, but am trying not to get too disappointed that all this focus on exercise and eating better hasn't shown up in decreasing numbers on the scale. I'll keep at it, but routine and consistency are making me feel good. And I know my muscles vs. fat ratio is moving in the right direction and that feels good.

I am contemplating taking up jogging/running. Whenever I walk, I almost always throw a minute (okay, 30 seconds) of jogging in. But I'm just thinking that maybe that wold kickstart some even better fat burning. I love my Curves workout with it's variety and the combined cardio/strength training, but I'm going to start walking again more often now that it should be Spring and a little less chilly outside. So that just has me thinking about gradually introducing running. I think it would be a good stress reliever as well. And heaven knows that I've been looking for a better way to relieve my stress and anxiety.

I've even toyed with signing up for ballet classes again. That would actually be kind of hilarious, considering that I never was very good with the whole flexibility piece. And I haven't slipped on a pair of ballet shoes in over fifteen years. But who's counting? It's never too late.

This week I turned 33. I had a really great week. Dinner with friends at the Bombay House. Yum, I'm drooling just thinking about Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Coconut Kurma. Yum. A couple of birthday lunches with friends. A birthDAY dinner with Mom and another birthday dinner and breakfast with friends. I've eaten out a LOT this week--maybe that's why I haven't seen the scale move. :) But all in all, it's been a really nice birthday week, preceding Easter.

I've got lots more thoughts to share and things to catch up on. I still haven't shared about my Grandpa's 90th birthday celebration with my whole family in Las Vegas or my unexpected individual tour behind the Salt Lake Tabernacle organ. And I've got lots more cloud pictures to show you. You know it. :) Be on the edge of your seats.
.
.
.
.

No comments: