Saturday, December 11, 2010

Random Saturday Night Thoughts.

"What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind."
~Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta

It's getting late and I have a few thoughts, as I am preparing for Sunday.

First, I'm so glad I have my Saturday mornings back. My last Saturday class was today and I drove out of that parking lot feeling free, despite the impending doom of multiple papers.

2. I haven't had much time to think about Christmas. It's soon. Christmas is coming, the geese are getting... FAT. Please put a penny in the... oldman'shat. Hmph. When you run those words together, you get shat. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But I'm going to leave it. After Wednesday when my last paper is due, I believe I will feel a load lifted and will be able to think more about Christmas and maybe even purchase some gifts.

3. Tonight, my roommate did something that previously proved impossible for me... she found my lost watch in the couch cushions! I swear I looked there, but apparently not hard enough. Thanks, Katie!

4. I'm fighting a wannabe cold, but thanks to mass doses of Vitamin B, C, & D, a fair amount of sleep, and my mad soup making skills, I'm holding my own in this fight. I dug around in my vegetable drawer and found a head of cabbage, some carrots, a little bit of celery, onions, and garlic. After chopping and sauteeing the onions and garlic in a little bit of olive oil, I poured in some recently purchased light chicken broth. Then I added some previous cooked/frozen chicken, some pepper, some "poultry seasoning", a touch of allspice, and two bay leaves... and voila, I had some really tasty vegetable drawer soup. Now I just wish I had some kale to add. I LOVE kale in soup. Healthy and beautifully bright green.

5. I babysat last night for our neighbor. I haven't babysat for real in years and I was very excited. Too bad she was asleep when I got there and never woke up. Here's to next time.

6. Tomorrow, I'm teaching Sharing Time in Primary. I'm supposed to be preparing right now. Gotta hurry. Church is at 8am now. Yep, bright and very early! Why, you ask? Oh because some guy decided to burn down one of the Church buildings in our stake back at the end of October. It was deemed unusable for six months, so our Stake Presidency has rearranged the meeting schedules in the remaining two buildings in our stake to accommodate the three displaced wards. So that means we have wards beginning at 8am, 10am, 12pm, and 2pm in our building and we got the lovely, coveted 8am slot. Actually 8am isn't that bad once you're up and there because you get home before noon, and that's always nice. As my mom always says, "The more you accomplish before noon, the better off things tend to go that day."

True true.

Okay, off to prepare my lesson and then GO TO SLEEP!

Oh and since, pictures make reading easier for some... feast on this beauty found here.

.
.
.
.

No comments: