Monday, December 20, 2010

Operation Christmas Cheer.

"Christmas is for children. But it is for grownups too. Even if it is a headache, a chore, and nightmare, it is a period of necessary defrosting of chill and hide-bound hearts."
~Lenora Mattingly Weber

Photo found here.

So, in an effort to pull out of the depression from being sick and missing out on the fun part of life this week, I initiated Operation Christmas Cheer.

Step One: Finished my last paper of this semester. Finally.

Step Two: I pulled out the beautiful hand-carved nativity which I purchased in Oberammergau a couple of months ago. Really and truly, it may have the best looking carved nativity faces I've ever seen. I'll take a picture soon.

Step Three: I listened to this...


Step Four: And then I watched this...


Step Five: And then I listened to:
this,
and this,
and this,
and finally this.

Step Six: Went to sleep. Everything is always better after a good night's rest... except, apparently, my voice which still sounds like I could sing bass.
.
.
.
.

No comments: