Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seriously, Mother Nature?

"Time for the weather report. It's cold out folks. Bonecrushing cold.
The kind of cold which will wrench the spirit out of a young man, or forge it into steel."

~Northern Exposure, Lost and Found, 1992



Seriously?? Did you see that... 3°F on Wednesday morning? And the high is only going to be 18°F? Oh gosh, that just makes me want to grab a blanket and a book and curl up inside with a nice warm mug of hot chocolate and not go to work... too bad I'm not a teacher who has the whole week off...

We already got about six inches of snow last night. It's a real winter wonderland outside, downed power lines, broken trees and all.

Looks like I really need to bundle up and get to bed early so that I don't have any harder time getting out of bed than I already will knowing it's fuh-reezing outside. It seems like just yesterday I was sleeping in my underwear... and now, I practically wear a scarf to bed every night.

And to think, growing up in temperate, beautiful San Francisco, I always wondered and dreamed about what it would be like to live somewhere where they really had four seasons... so dreamy. Hehe.
.
.
.
.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi, Wow that is cold! It has been pretty mild here in DC so far. But Winter is not that far away. Have fun with the hot cocoa and mittens.

Becky said...

OH! MY! GOSH! That is crazy cold for November. We are cold here but not that cold.