Thursday, September 09, 2010

Just a quick update on Amber.

*This post is an update in a series of posts on my friend Amber, who is currently in the hospital. You can read the earlier posts here.

**Also, the family has set up a blog to keep friends and family abreast of what's going on and also to help reduce the feeling of obligation to update everyone individually. Most of the posts will be duplicates of my posts on this blog, since they have asked me to update the blog for them.


~~~~~~~~

"True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable."
~David Tyson Gentry

I know it's been a couple of days since I posted, so I just wanted to give you a quick update tonight to let you know that Amber had a very good day today. She continues to progress a little each day and gain a little bit more strength. More hand squeezes, slight head nods or shakes (answering yes or no, since she still can't talk with the trach), toe-wiggling, and lots of mouthed I love yous. We love you too, Amber! We couldn't be more thrilled! We stand in amazement at the miracle that is occurring right before our eyes. It's truly exhilarating!

Amber is loving listening to us read your notes, the words of encouragement, the stories and memories, the I love yous you have shared. Thank you so much for lending your faith, support, and encouragement. Keep them coming, if you'd like. She loves hearing from you.

More tomorrow.
.
.
.
.

No comments: