Sunday, September 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home for Amber.

"Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest."

~Henry Van Dyke


Guess who came home on Saturday?!?!

Amazing. Simply amazing.
What an incredible experience we have witnessed -- a true miracle.
The doctors worked diligently and Amber is determined,
but even they (the doctors and Amber)
have said that what has happened is beyond their capabilities.

We have been blessed!

Welcome home, Amber!

As mentioned in an earlier post, Amber plans to write to you all... so keep checking her blog.
I'll let her tell you all about coming home...
After all, this is her story and... she's back.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You don't know me, and I don't know you or Amber. But I found your primary blog in July when looking for some sharing time ideas. I left you a message then. I have to do it again, as I have been looking for sharing time ideas again, and instead have spend more than an hour reading about this journey with your friend.
Funny how the post just before you posted her being in the hospital was about death, hu?
My 23 yr old brother passed away in January. He had pneumonia and was intubated and in the ICU for 11 days. We had so much faith he would come out of it, but he didn't. I read Ambers remarks about her having a choice to stay or go. I felt like my brother was going to have a choice and he chose to leave us. It gives me peace and comfort to hear her say this is what she experienced. Maybe the impressions I felt were real. It has been so hard. My heart has ached for the last 10 months non stop. I know he is in a good place, I know this was in God's plan, but it hurts so much. It's so hard to understand, this faith thing. We had so much faith that he would pull out of this, and didn't really think he would die, until just before he did.
Anyway, I'm so happy for you and your Amber. Thank you for sharing all of this. thank you for posting the sweet quote from Elder Wirthlin.
You can email me at jadlard@gmail.com if you ever want.
Thank you again.