Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Looking forward to the 4th of July.

"An intense anticipation itself transforms possibility into reality; our desires being often but precursors of the things which we are capable of performing."
~Samuel Smiles

I really love the 4th of July. I think I've mentioned that before. Yes, I have. Here. I just really love the relaxed feeling of this holiday on a warm summer evening with fireworks. I feel a little cheesy, but I've really gained a ridiculous affinity toward fireworks. Maybe I've always had it. I remember going over to the Presidio to watch the fireworks over the Golden Gate Bridge as kid, or just sitting on our roof and watching them... through the fog, of course. I guess I always have loved fireworks. I suppose I just expected that this intense liking and awe of fireworks might dissipate with age. I'm here to tell you it hasn't.



So this weekend, I'm looking forward to watching three nights of fireworks!

I'm also looking forward seeing and visiting with my cousin Amber, her husband Steve, and their girls this weekend.

And to eating a grilled hamburger.

And chips! (Who looks forward to chips? Someone who never eats them except on special occasions.)

And making (and eating!) Pearl Dean's strawberry peach ice cream. It's not the 4th of July if I don't make Pearl Dean's deeeeeeelicious ice cream.

And looking forward to seeing Britt, Casey, and their girls, now home from Deutschland.

And relaxing!

And singing patriotic songs.

And eating Pearl Dean's strawberry peach ice cream.

And relaxing.

And eating Pearl Dean's strawberry peach ice cream. Oh wait, I think I already said that.



Fireworks photo found here.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All hail to...Pearl Dean, who is still living in Fullerton, CA.