Monday, November 02, 2009

Thankful for Thankful Day.

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments
when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."

~Thornton Wilder

I have an ancestor named Thankful Day.

It's true.

She came from a strong Puritan background, so the name is fitting.

Her name has made me chuckle at times, but has also made me think about the gratitude her parents must have felt upon her arrival. What a great reminder to be grateful for all you have.

So in honor of Thankful, as well as the month of November, which brings us Thanksgiving, I've decided to try to make a concerted effort to focus on that, for which I am thankful. No matter how big or small. Gratitude changes my outlook on life. Why not make a concerted effort to focus on that which makes us happy?

Today, I'm thankful for good gas mileage.

My car might be getting up there in age, but I will say that I have absolutely no complaints with how it runs. I get a minimum of 30 mpg, and usually it's closer to 33mpg. That's pretty fantastic, if you ask me.

Thankful Day would know nothing about gas mileage, but I'm thankful to her for inspiring me to think about what I'm thankful for.

1 comment:

Lindsay RC Wilson said...

I'm thankful for cheap gas & good gas mileage. Really, I can hardly believe that we pay about 75 cents a gallon here. Am I in 1970? No, just in Qatar.