Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Golden Birthdays.

I've been remiss in documenting my life lately. So I'm going to backtrack slightly over the next couple of days. At the end of January, Derrick and M celebrated their "golden" birthdays.
Naturally, we had a party. "Golden Birthdays"
The night started with dinner at Buca di Beppo (Look how they're making at eyes at each other!),

followed by ice skating,

and culminated in all kinds of cake and ice cream. M had requested angel food cake with strawberry topping, which was delish, if I do say so myself. I  also made chocolate cake with raspberry sauce. And Katie made a favorite: funfetti cupcakes. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of our creations. The birthday boys seemed to have a good time, as did we all.

For his birthday, M received a 72-Hour Emergency Backpack from me, 
as well as dinner at The Mandarin

where the inside decor really makes you feel like you're in the middle of China,
eating this yummy food: Chicken Soong Imperial Lettuce Wraps,
Char Shu Wonton Soup,
and Five Taste Shrimp.

He also had his first professional massage at Sanctuary. Ah, bliss.

Happy (now, belated) birthday M!

4 comments:

Sherine said...

ok...I have no idea what a golden birthday is.. but it sure sound like fun. Nice job emery.. his smile says it all.

and my kids love the little pint size story teller:)

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

LOVE this one....so, has M made any further moves lately? I'm waiting for a BIG BIG BIG announcement! Love ya!

Oh, happy, happy birthday MMMMM dear, happy days will come to you all year!

You know the rest...I'd sing in person, but, this is blogger comments...

eclaires said...

A golden birthday is when you turn the same age as your birthday date. For example, you turn 15 on the 15th or 30 on the 30th.

And as far as any "further moves", he's "got moves you've never seen"... name that movie. :) No big moves right now. Don't rush me (or him). :)

Sonda said...

Oohh! I love the Mandarin and the lettuce wraps are absolutely the BEST thing on the menu! Good choice!