Sunday, October 19, 2008

Um, guys... Chad fell down.

My mother has three big fears in life. 1) She fears being too cold or loved ones being too cold. You know, like going out of the house without a jacket. One time my brother went to school wearing only a t-shirt and by the time my mom got to work it was raining. She felt sick all day long knowing that he was cold. 2) Running out of toilet paper. Now this IS a valid fear. Haven't you all found yourself without enough to do the job well? My mom has loads of toilet paper on hand at all times. I have inherited this from her... not the fear, the coping method. 3) She fears falling down or loved ones falling down. Interestingly, I have a similar fear. Nearly every time I run down the stairs, I imagine myself missing one and tumbling down and breaking both legs. I know, weird. I think really my fear isn't falling, but breaking my leg bones in half so they pierce the skin. Gross.

Now, most of you know who know me well, know that I frequently laugh at inappropriate times. It runs in my family... on the female side, at least. Often I can be found laughing during prayers (or at least with my eyes wide open). I laughed so hard that I hurt my mom's feelings that one time when a homeless man walked by us as we were waiting for the bus and stopped in front of my mom and whacked her on the forehead with the palm of his hand before he walked away as if nothing had happened. Now that was funny. So awful, I know. But above all, I especially can't help laughing when people fall down. I know, it's awful that I find it so entertaining. After all it's one of my mom's top three fears in life. Now, if they truly get hurt, my compassionate gene (yes, I have one of them) kicks in. But if they're fine... my sadistic laughing gene takes over.

So if you share this trait, even slightly, take a look at these three videos. I hope they make you laugh out loud!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just your blog associate here, it is nice to see some new stuff up. just wished you could encourage Jared to post something new on his blog.

Bentley the Kid said...

I love those videos! Watching people slip and fall is one of my favorite pastimes.

Kare Bear said...

so i'm having flash backs from the mish. and remembering how you laughed first, then checked to see if i was alright. hmm... good times.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Oh my gosh, I just about died laughing. If I wasn't at work, it probably would have been worse.

The Linfords said...

hahah wow i got a good laugh out of those!! It was so good seeing you the other week!!