Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've been to the Palm Springs airport, too!

Pull up a chair and let me tell you a little story. About ten years ago, I was sitting in the living room having a conversation with KDJ and KMB about all the airports we've flown in/out of in our lifetimes. We made long lists, reminisced about quirky characteristics of some of the airports we'd been in, and marveled at the number of airports in California. End of story... or so we all thought. Fast forward three days and we, again, were sitting in the comfort of our living room. Apparently, we weren't talking about airports anymore, though in my mind the conversation was fresh, as if we had just been talking about it. Evidently, I was just replaying it all in my mind and not out loud because when I then audibly announced, "I've been to the Palm Springs airport, too," I got the strangest looks. What I said was perfectly normal, I assure you... :) Alright, alright... it WAS three days later, so maybe it was slightly out of context. Anyhow, I thought I'd give you my list of airports now (as many as I can remember). And it does, indeed, include the Palm Springs airport.

1. San Francisco (SFO)
2. Oakland (OAK)
3. Burbank (BUR)
4. Ontario (ONT)
5. Los Angeles (LAX)
6. Orange County (SNA)
7. Long Beach (LGB)
8. San Diego (SAN)
9. Palm Springs (PSP)
10. San Jose (SJC)
11. Seattle/Tacoma (SEA)
12. Spokane (GEG)
13. Boise (BOI)
14. Salt Lake City (SLC)
15. Reno (RNO)
16. Las Vegas (LAS)
17. Phoenix (PHX)
18. Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW)
19. Denver (DEN)
20. Detroit (DTW)
21. Milwaukee (MKE)
22. Chicago (ORD)
23. Chicago (MDW)
24. Indianapolis (IND)
25. Cleveland (CLE)
26. Columbus (CMH)
27. Atlanta (ATL)
28. New York City (JFK)
29. New York La Guardia (LGA)
30. Baltimore (BWI)
31. Philadelphia (PHL)
32. London Gatwick (LGW)
33. London Heathrow (LHR)
34. Stockholm, Sweden (ARN)
35. Riga, Latvia (RIX)
36. Vilnius, Lithuania (VNO)
37. Malaga, Spain (AGP)
38. Bilbao, Spain (BIO)
39. Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
40. Prague, Czech Republic (PRG)
41. San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL)
42. Managua, Nicaragua (MGA)

Whew! I think that's it. But I reserve the right to remember another one in three days. :)

3 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

"Mmmm...these mashed potatoes are so creamy."

Oh my gosh, lady, you are so funny!

Are you counting ones where you just landed, stayed on the plane, and flew out of too?

eclaires said...

Nope, these are airports where I've actually gotten off the plane... maybe never left the airport on a couple of them (Stockholm and San Salvador).

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

WOW! what more can I say??!!