Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Break-up Songs.

What's the best therapy for dealing with a nasty break-up? Well, it could be a date with Haagen Daaz, but if you're anything like I am, nothing sits too well in my stomach at first. So if you're in need of a good wallow session, I suggest you turn to the good old break-up song. Sometimes you need to just indulge your need to feel sad. Alright, it may not be healthy for too long, but a good pity-party never hurt anyone. There are plenty of "sappy unrequited love songs" out there for your initial phase of grieving. But today, I was thinking about the empowering feeling that accompanies a really good "I'm moving on" break-up song. You know what I'm talking about. Those times when the initial pain of the break-up has subsided and we turn the stereo up to full volume to release all those pent up emotions. Feelings that just make you go, "You hurt me, but I am SO okay." or "What we had was good, but it's over and that's SO okay because you don't deserve me anyway." I love those songs. Luckily, I'm not in need of them right now... but they still feel good to sing at the top of my lungs. :)

A few of my favorites...
There are plenty more. Do you have any favorites?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love this post! For some reason I can really relate... Oh, by the way, 2 weeks to LV, baby!