Saturday, March 22, 2008

I am not bald. Phew!

So yesterday morning, I was hurrying to get ready for work; I had a conference call at 8:30 am, that I had to take and I was running late. As I was blow-drying my hair, I smelled a burning smell. Yuck. But it was fleeting and my hair-dryer acts up sometimes, so I thought it was nothing. Post blow-dry, I ran some Manipulator through my hair, which is kind of sticky and helps to piece out your hair and control fly-aways. So suddenly, I notice that my right hand, aided by the Manipulator as adhesive, was covered in hair ... hair that was no longer attached to my head! Now, I'm not talking one or two strands, which is to be expected. I'm talking a chunk of hair. Nasty! So I ran my fingers through my hair again, and AGAIN more chunks of hair were stuck to my hand. By this point I seriously have chills running through my body. If you know me well, you know that I cannot stand hair which is not attached to a body. With each repeated motion I pulled more and more hair out. It just kept coming. Very easily. I mean there was no feeling like I was yanking anything out. I began thinking that I must have some disease or something that makes your hair fall out. It just kept getting creepier and creepier. Then I suddenly remembered the burning smell and realized that maybe it had something to do with sudden lost of hair. I ran my fingers through the left side of my head... nothing. Phew! So I totally burned off chunks of my hair! Gross! :) The strange part was that the burning smell had only lasted for no more than two or three seconds. And the hair didn't smell at all. Yuck. I hate even writing about this. Are you thoroughly grossed out by now? I am. So, despite pulling out what appeared to be chunks of hair, I am not bald on the right side. Thank goodness! :)

1 comment:

Sherine said...

Oh my gosh... this happened to me once and it was a horrible feeling. Glad you survived